There is a new Bitcoin Poker site that could do with our support. It is in “Alpha” so pretty much a fully functioning site without the frills.
“Blockchain Poker was built to be a fun, easy way to help get more people using Bitcoin. Our goal with this project is to help grow the cryptocurrency community & ecosystem by showing people what is possible with true 21st century money.”
A little about Blockchain.Poker:
- Instantly jump into a single-table No-Limit Texas Hold’em cash game, playing for real bitcoins!
- There are no sign-ups, which means players can remain anonymous.
- New players are automatically awarded free satoshis to play with, allowing anyone to jump in and play (even if they don’t have any bitcoin).
- A house rake of 4% is applied only to higher stakes tables, giving new players even more opportunity to build up their bankroll (with rakeback coming soon).
- Each chip is worth one satoshi (1/100,000,000 of a bitcoin).
- Go to the Blockchain.Poker website
- Go into settings and set your username and “secure account”
- Once a password has been set, copy the “DoNotShareYourSecret” URL as this is YOU!
- To return to the game in the future and to access your balance, use your saved URL.
This is a new site and requires many more players – please share!
- What is Blockchain Poker? Blockchain Poker is the easiest way to play Poker instantly, anonymously, and with real bitcoins. Its the first poker site to actually give out free bitcoins just for sitting down at a table and playing.
- I don’t have any bitcoins. Can I still play? Yes! New players automatically receive 200 satoshis to play with. If you ever run out, simply click the little ‘$’ icon next to your bankroll balance and your account will be ‘topped up’ instantly to 200 satoshis — no strings attached!
- Can I still deposit traditional currencies (USD, CAD, EUR, AUD, etc)? We’ve partnered with Paxful.com to allow fiat currency deposits. Withdrawals still need to be made to a bitcoin (or altcoin) wallet. There are lots of good resources online if you need help converting your bitcoin back into your local fiat currency.
- Do you support altcoins? Although we do still use bitcoin in the back end, we’ve partnered with ShapeShift.io to allow altcoin deposits and withdrawals.
- Are players really anonymous? Players are pseudonymous, meaning that Blockchain Poker does not store identifiable information about its players — this both allows players to retain their privacy and protects players in the event of a data breach.
- How do you limit/prevent multi-accounting? By default, tables are limited to one PC per household. This does not, however, cover users who are using VPNs to play. These remaining edge cases will be resolved as we continue working through our development roadmap.
- Will Blockchain Poker support multi-table tournaments? Yes. This is currently on our development roadmap.
- Will Blockchain Poker have rakeback and bonuses? Yes. This is currently on our development roadmap.
- How do I log back into my account if there are no sign ups? Simply copy and save the web URL you’ve been using to play, which includes your account secret that we use to identify you.
- What are each of the chips worth? Each chip is worth one satoshi. There are 100,000,000 satoshis in a bitcoin.